I hang out on twitter occasionally (5 seconds twice a week) and it’s disheartening to read the disparaging remarks that are directed at nontraditional students.
I don’t consider myself an expert on nontrads (or twitter for that matter), but if I were to believe everything directed at the hashtag nontrads, this would be my best advice.
- Stay awake in class. You’re old. Snoring is not cool.
- Don’t hit on your younger classmates. They think you’re gross.
- Stop asking dumb questions. If you had listened, you would realize the teacher just answered your question before you asked it.
- Being old is not a license to arrive late to class.
- Stop complaining. Everyone has a hard life.
It’s a tough world out there.
I have never met any these types of non traditional students.
Maybe they don’t exist.
Anybody have an opinion?
Tweet me. Who knows? I might even tweet back if you catch me during the right 5 seconds.
Or just leave a comment.